Professions & Occupations
Below we have a list of different Professions and an explanation of what each person does in that profession.
a person that works with the money and accounts of a company.
– a person that acts in a play or a movie
– a person that designs building and houses.
– a person who studies the stars and the universe
– They write books or novels.
– They make bread and cakes and normally work in a bakery.
– a person that helps to build houses using bricks.
– a person that drives buses.
– a person that works with meat. They cut the meat and sell it in their shop.
– a person that makes things from wood including houses and furniture.
– a person that prepared food for others, often in a restaurant or café.
– a person that cleans/tidies an daerah or place (such as in an office)
– a person that can fix problems you have with your teeth.
– a person who has the job of designing things.
– a person you go to see when you are ill or have some type of health problem.
– a person that collects trash/rubbish from bins in the street.
– a person that works with electric circuits.
– a person who develops solutions to technical problems. They sometimes design, build, or maintain engines, machines, structures or public works.
– a person that works in a factory.
– a person that works on a farm, usually with animals.
– a person that puts out fires.
– a person that catches fish
– a person that works with flowers.
– a person that keeps gardens clean and tidy. They take care of the plants in the garden.
– they cut your hair or give it a new style.
– a person that makes new reports in writing or through television.
– a qualified person that decides cases in a law court.
– a person that defends people in court and gives legal advice.
– a person that gives lectures, usually in a university.
– a person that works in a library.
– a person that saves lives where people swim (at a beach or swimming pool).
– a person that repairs machines, especially car motors.
– a (usually attractive) person that works in fashion, modeling clothes and accessories.
– a person that reads the news, normally on television.
– a person trained to help a doctor look after the sick or injured.
– a person that checks your eyes and try and correct any problems with your sight.
– a person that paints pictures or the interior and exterior of buildings.
– a qualified person that works with and dispenses medicine.
Photographer – a person that takes photos.
– a person who flies a plane.
– a person that repairs your water systems or pipes.
– a person who works in politics.
– a member of the police force. They (try and) prevent crime.
– a person that delivers mail to your house.
Benaran estate agent
– a person that makes money from selling land for development.
– a person that is at the reception (entrance) of a company.
– a person that works in the science industry. They do many experiments.
– a person employed in an office who types letters, keeps records etc.
– a person that works in a shop or store selling products.
– a person who works for the army.
– a person that makes clothes for others, many times producing exclusive items of clothing.
– a person who drives a taxi.
– a person that passes knowledge to students, usually at school.
– a person that translates from one language to another.
– a person that patrols areas to check that people do not park in the wrong place.
– a person that organises and sells holidays and flights for others.
Veterinary doctor (Vet)
– a qualified person that looks after sick animals.
– a person that works in a food outlet, looking after customers and serving food.
– a person that cleans windows, normally the windows of big buildings.
Try our interactive games to practice this: Professions Multi-Choice Game and Professions Hangman Game.
If you found this English Vocabulary about
Professions & Occupations
interesting or useful, let others know about it:
Posted by: gamadelic.com